Sunday, March 8, 2015

My First Buff Orpingtons

One Day Old Buff Orpington Chick

Isn't she (fingers crossed!) absolutely adorable?! 

I have been dreaming of owning a Buff Orpington of my own for almost a year now. Since the purchase of my first chicks, I longed for a little yellow fluffy butt to add to my flock. Not that my first girls aren't beauties, I just happen to love the way Orpingtons are shaped. They look so fat and happy it makes my heart flutter. Yes, I am aware of how crazy I sound. I have already came to terms with being the Crazy Chicken Lady. It's OK! I like it that way. Better than being a crazy cat lady any day.

My local feed store informed me via Facebook that they just got in a batch of female Buff Orpingtons and New Hampshire Reds. With a little bribery, I was given the okay, and we were on our way to get 2 new babies. After seeing how cute they all were, we left with a total of 5!! 3 Buff Orps and 2 New Hampshires. They have been settled in for a couple days now, and I am already in love. It is a bit hard to tell them apart, aside from Lucy, the red New Hampshire chick. The others are all adorably yellow! :| I am hoping once they mature and develop their own personalities I will be able to tell them apart.

Check back to see them grow! I have been photographing them daily. I swear they have already doubled in size!

No comments:

Post a Comment